Upcoming Events & Programs
Special Notice during Shelter-in-Place:
Beginning on May 15, Armstrong Redwoods SNR and Austin Creek SRA will be open
to those who can drive to them from a short distance. Parking lots and restrooms will be open.
Face masks and physical distancing is required.
All beaches in Sonoma Coast State Park remain closed except to locals
who can walk/bike there before 11am and after 5pm.
Parking lots are closed in order to flatten the curve and keep people safe during the Covid-19 crisis.
Our Visitor Centers at Armstrong Redwoods and in Jenner are closed.
All State Park Campgrounds are closed including Bullfrog Pond Campground. If you have a reservation you will be contacted about receiving a refund.
We have also cancelled or postponed programs, trainings and tours through May 2020.
We encourage all visitors to follow all CDC, local and state health guidelines and recommendations.
Stay safe. Getting outside in nature is a good way to rejuvenate your spirit.
Please also see:
CA State Parks for the information about park closures:
Annual Fundraising Events
- Family Day in Your Park - June 20, 2020
- Sunset Dinner in Austin Creek - July 18, 2020
- Old Grove Festival - September 12, 2020
Community Education Programs & Volunteer Trainings
Stewards proudly partners with archaeologists, biologists, botanists, geologists, historians, and naturalists, as well as other skilled educators and State Parks personnel, to offer a wide spectrum of hikes, seminars and presentations throughout the year.
- Some events require a registration fee. These fees cover the cost of our speakers' time and materials needed,
as well as provide funding for free environmental education programs for school children. (Note: Stewards does not turn
anyone away for inability to pay. For more info, email us.)
- Most events require registration to secure your place.
To register for an event, click on the listings below or call our office at (707) 869-9177.
- Want to see what's coming up? Download a free copy of our 2020 Community Education Programs & Volunteer Trainings Brochure.